Post-Bar Law Clerk
Areas Of Practice
Ms. Chao is originally from Southern California and she migrated up north to attend the University of California, Davis to study Psychology. Having always dreamt of living in San Francisco, Ms. Chao spent four years after college working in the technology space of SF. While she gained invaluable lessons from the experience, and will always be grateful to have worked before going back to school, she kept thinking about law school.
In 2020, Ms. Chao started at the University of San Francisco School of Law where she was awarded the Donald B. King Class of 1958 Scholarship for a special interest and pursuit in family law studies.
For her last year of law school, from Summer 2022 to Summer 2023, Ms. Chao spent it working part-time at Hoover Krepelka in order to gain a deeper understanding of family law. As of Fall 2023, Ms. Chao has returned to work at the firm as a post-bar law clerk. She hopes to become a minor’s counsel and to specialize in domestic violence cases.
Now that school is over, Ms. Chao is trying to figure out what her hobbies are and is currently learning how to rock climb and play tennis. While her stomach lining can still handle it, Ms. Chao is also an avid collector and lover of hot sauces.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, CA
- J.D. – 2023
- University of California, Davis, Davis, CA
- B.A. – 2016
Honors and Awards
- Public Interest Law Certificate – Departmental Honors
- USF Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Constitutional Law II
- USF Law
- The Disrupted Path to Becoming Easy, Breezy, Beautiful: How Companies are Deceiving Consumers with their Animal Testing Policies
- USF Law Review, Vol. 57