Areas Of Practice
Ms. Chao is originally from Southern California. She eventually migrated northbound to attend the University of California, Davis to study Psychology and then spent four years working in the technology industry in San Francisco. She went on to pursue a legal career and enrolled at the University of San Francisco School of Law in 2020, where she was awarded the Donald B. King Class of 1958 Scholarship for a special interest and pursuit in family law studies.
Some of Wendy’s press releases, media, and publications include:
In order to gain a deeper understanding of family law, Ms. Chao accepted a Law Clerk position at Hoover Krepelka, LLP during her last year of law school. After studying for and completing the July 2023 California state bar exam, Ms. Chao returned to work at the firm as a post-bar law clerk in fall 2023. Following her successful passing of the bar exam in November 2023, Ms. Chao was officially admitted to the California state bar and promoted to Associate Attorney at Hoover Krepelka, LLP.
Now that school is over, Ms. Chao is trying to figure out what her hobbies are and is currently learning how to rock climb and play tennis. While her stomach lining can still handle it, Ms. Chao is also an avid collector and lover of hot sauces.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, CA
- J.D. – 2023
- University of California, Davis, CA
- B.A. – 2016
Honors and Awards
- Public Interest Law Certificate – Departmental Honors
- USF Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Constitutional Law II
- USF Law
- The Disrupted Path to Becoming Easy, Breezy, Beautiful: How Companies are Deceiving Consumers with their Animal Testing Policies
- USF Law Review, Vol. 57